Saturday, February 28, 2009

Remember your library

I recently rediscovered an oft-forgotten perk of public library membership: you can check out music CD's and movie DVD's.

The boys are really into Indiana Jones as well as anything Star Wars right now. This week we checked out "The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration" (John Williams with the Boston Pops Orchestra) CD. We also checked out "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on DVD. We will have it for two weeks and it cost nothing. Free! Plus we won't get any phone calls from Blockbuster's home office stating we've not returned the movie (even when you drop it off in your pajamas in order to meet the return deadline). I refuse to say more about my Blockbuster feelings.

I checked out the "Wall-E" movie soundtrack. I enjoyed the movie, so it's been fun to listen to the "space opera" soundtrack. It's not something I would purchase, but I'm enjoying listening. We are on a waiting list for a CD of film favorites from Steven Spielberg.

No comments: